Revenue Manager – Arlo Hotels
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Vice President of Revenue Management.
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…
This position is responsible for overall revenue management strategies and operations of the Arlo Hotels brand. This role focuses on developing distribution strategies, room sales and coordinate revenue management processes and procedures while maximizing revenue the brand and its operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treat guests and coworkers with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Display honesty & integrity.Employs excellent employee relations and team building skills.
- Maintain open communication with all other departments.
- Adhere to hotel Health and Safety guidelines.
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure overall consistency and efficiency of the Revenue Department.
- Develop, communicate, and implement sales strategies, mix of business, channel management, pricing strategies, as well as reservations systems and related policies for all markets.
- Oversees hotels and works with revenue management team to and control room rates and availability in accordance with established guidelines to maximize occupancy and revenues.
- Ensure the weekly Revenue Management meetings involving rate and inventory strategies, transient/group pace, competitive business analysis and financial forecasts are strategy focused for each property with the Director of Revenue Management.
- Ensure revenue team and hotels in all regions are exercising best in class revenue management techniques based on market analysis, demand forecasting, channel marketing, and inventory management.
- Work in conjunction with the VP Sales & Marketing to ensure sales, pricing and distribution strategies are aligned for success.
- Travel to Hotels within the Portfolio to conduct revenue audits and assist teams where necessary in revenue management controls.
- Responsible for initiating short- and long-term revenue forecasts and generate weekly and monthly critiques, identifying areas of opportunity and strategies to improve revenue and overall profitability.
- Thoughtful and strategic yield management
- Manage, produce, and monitor rate strategy tiers, booking pace by Market Segment, GDS, inventory and monthly results.
- Work with the hotels revenue management teams to ensure similar goals, and implement action plans to achieve optimum revenue management.
- Establish and maintain meaningful external and internal relationships.
- Able to effectively communicate with property’s hotel management, sales, marketing, and ownership group, and ability to effectively present relevant data/metrics
- Ability to incorporate marketing, target demographic, and other unique differentiators in creating optimal pricing strategy
- Ability to manage multi-locations and multi-properties with different market strategies successfully
- Manage the processes associated with demand, revenue, forecasting, opportunity analysis, and inventory management. With hotel leadership and revenue management team, implement hotel pricing strategy of transient and group business.
- Partner with marketing to drive direct business, elevate reputation, and identify future market opportunities and effectively communicate through the organization
- Ensure that inventory – brand availability and overbooking – parameters are monitored.
- Responsible for long term goals of brand and is the liaison with the ownership group to speak to the top line strategy for each hotel.
- Building strong partnerships with internal customers and outside vendors
- Possessing excellent communication and leadership skills and are a strong, creative problem solver
- Systems Utilization:
- Certify implementation and effective use of revenue management systems across all regional hotels, ensuring hotel revenue managers/directors are trained accordingly: Ideas Yield Management , Opera PMS/Cloud , STR Benchmarking, Demand360 (where applicable), Delphi Sales & Catering
- Proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team
- You are confident and have the ability to think clearly and strategically on your feet and under pressure
- You love to negotiate and create win-win situations for customers, owners, and reservations team alike
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or equivalent related training.
- Minimum of 15 years of Revenue Management experience.
- Previous experience with Opera, Synxis, Duetto and IDeas preferred.
- Microsoft Window applications required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program (ref. 50865)