Arlo Hotels welcomes the furry companions of our guests, subject to certain restrictions, requirements, and expectations. Failure to follow these requirements will result in the guest and/or pets being required to leave the hotel without refund.
Up to two (2) dogs or cats per room, each under 75lbs, may stay with their humans for the duration of their stay. There will be a fee of $20 pre-tax per pet, per night charged in addition to the standard room rate. All animals must be registered with the front desk upon arrival. Unfortunately, we cannot at this time permit animals other than dogs or cats in any capacity.
For the safety and comfort of our guests, Arlo Hotels only maintains a certain number of animal-friendly rooms at each of our locations. If you wish to bring your dog or cat with you for your stay, it is recommended that you inform the hotel at the time you make your reservation, or as soon as you discover that your dog or cat will be accompanying you. In the event that, upon receiving your request or upon your arrival with a pet, we do not have pet-friendly rooms available at the hotel of your choice for the duration of your stay, we reserve the right to provide you a comparable room at one of our other New York locations at the same rate.
Arlo Hotels also reserves the right to place an additional hold on your debit or credit card in order to cover any additional charges that may result from the conduct of your pet. This hold will generally not exceed $200, and we will request its removal within 48 hours of your departure.
For the safety of your pets, our staff, and our guests, we require that the following rules be followed at all times:
- All pets must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Pets may not be left alone in the hotel room. Animals found left alone in the rooms may be called into animal control for impoundment.
- Pets are prohibited from entering any food-service areas such as the restaurant, as well as from entering any common amenities such as the spa, bodega, gym, or rooftop
- Except while in the hotel room, pets must at all times be on a leash (under the control of an adult), held within a fully-enclosed travel carrier, or properly restrained within a carry pack on the person.
- Pets are expected to conduct themselves accordingly for the comfort of all guests. If a pet causes an ongoing disturbance, we reserve the right to remove your pet or cancel your stay without refund.
- Please do not use hotel linens, sheets, comforters, pillows, or towels for your pets.
Our Housekeeping service does not and cannot provide litter, newsprint, or other supplies necessary for the relief of your pets, nor can we provide special bedding. If you are in need of litter or bedding, our front desk will be happy to direct you to a local shop that carries such. We ask that you take your animal outside for their relief. In the event that your animal creates a mess within the hotel (including within your room), you are required to clean up after it; an excess cleaning fee will be charged in the event that housekeeping is required to clean up after your pets. You will similarly be charged for any damage that your pet causes to the room, including but not limited to stained or clawed carpet, soiled bedding, excessive odor, or clawed walls or furniture.
You, the guest, are solely responsible for the behavior of your pets. In the event that your pet causes damage to the person or property of another (including to the hotel itself, any guest, or any employee of the hotel), you will be solely responsible for all damages and injuries.
In the event a pet or other animal is brought to the hotel without registering, animal control will be called immediately to impound the animal. The guest in custody of the animal will be ejected from the hotel without refund, and additional cleaning charges will be applied to the room account.
Service dogs are also welcome at our hotels, without fee. In the case of a service dog, said animal will be permitted into other facilities as appropriate. However, all other requirements above will still apply to the service dogs, including weight restrictions and behavioral expectations. No more than two animals per room are permitted.