Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Vice President of Finance.
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more” ……
Provides leadership, guidance, support, training, and development opportunities for the financial department for Arlo Hotels the brand. The successful candidate will be responsible for the accounting and financial requirements of the hotels and will be responsible to executive management for providing analytical support to the Managing Director, General Managers and the hotel team in-order to improve performance for the assets. The individual will ensure that procedures in other areas of the hotel comply with Arlo Hotels Financial Policies & Procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Direct and coordinate financial planning and budget management functions
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and prior year
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting departments
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports, financial outlooks, and financial forecasts
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively execute the goals and objectives of the department
- Serve as primary government liaison relative to financial issues
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Work with all employees in a professional and courteous manners.
- Build strong relations with other hotel departments and team members
- Supervises the archiving of accounting records. Co-ordinates the disposition of records listing
- Ensures that each team member maintains accurate and timely inventory records.
- Maintains accurate accounting records and provides oversight in conjunction with the production of the financial reports for the hotel
- Ensures that the balance sheet is an accurate reflection of the hotel’s assets and liabilities
- Developing best practices for financial accounting and control procedures
- Works directly with department heads on the production of the Annual Plan, various Financial Reports and Analysis as requested by home office or ownership, monthly and quarterly forecasts
- Ensures proper use and maintenance of financial IT systems, including adequate security and back-up
- Analyzing daily revenues and auditing revenue adjustments
- Ensures timely dispatch of all reports
- Ensure that all guest issues/complaints receive prompt action and follow up
- Ensure effective communication between the hotel and the client in regards to billing and collection
- Provides oversight over expense management and that revenue and expenditures are in-line with forecasts
- Evaluate monthly production reports and monitors results in relation to goals
- Maintain a framework of internal controls, which will adequately protect the assets, liabilities, revenue & costs and record in a monthly checklist
- Ensure a regular cycle of forecasting takes place and relevant reports circulated.
- Utilize key performance indicators and benchmarking to assist in the performance of the hotel and how it can be improved
- Facilitate regularly scheduled Credit Meeting with Finance Team
- Organization and preparation of the Annual Operating and Capital Budget with Hotel Teams
- Adheres to deadlines and reporting requirements from the various stakeholders: Owners, Home Office, General Manager and Department Heads
Internal Audit Requirements
- Journal Entries have all supporting documentation attached to explain the figures thereon or are referenced to where the supporting documentation can be found
- Reviews latest month end, Trial Balance and investigates any material items not covered elsewhere in the Audit Programs, vouching to support documentation. Also, check that all clearance accounts are being “zeroed out” monthly and that no unusual entries appear
- Monthly reviews of all outstanding purchase orders/requests to ensure their validity
- Quarterly audits on all Inventory items
- From time to time conducts “audits” of accounting team member to ensure that jobs are being performed in accordance with company policy. Submits report to Managing Director, which will be used during the team member’s evaluation process.
- Education/Experience: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in a senior level finance or accounting position
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Prior experience working with multi-family and hotel product types is required
- Knowledge of Opera (PMS), Micros (POS), Microsoft Excel, ADP and Oracle Fusion is a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Prior experience with project management work is a plus
- Prior management of staff is required
Benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k Program(ref. 34218)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In the lifestyle hospitality industry, people make the difference. Arlo Hotels is committed to being a great place to work, providing exceptional service for our guests through our unique approach to the independent lifestyle hotel segment. Here at Arlo we ask all our team members to be themselves and embrace it!
We utilize state-of-the-art technology and time-tested management techniques to constantly improve our efficiency, and we approach each hotel in an innovative, resourceful and entrepreneurial manner.
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…