Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Staff Accountant . Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more” ……
This position will work closely with the Controller of the hotel and will be primarily responsible for month end close activities including g/l account reconciliations and journal entries. In addition, this individual will be responsible for handling the monthly accruals, report generation, audits and other duties as required.
Arlo NoMad is located in the thriving midtown neighborhood known as NoMad, the hotel is mere steps from NYC icons like Madison Square Garden and the Empire State Building. The hotel features stylishly appointed rooms that maximize the cool factor while still providing a value-conscious alternative to other boutique chains. The hotel offers numerous public spaces for both business and social activities including a second floor lobby bar with terrace; a 75-seat Italian-American restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner; and a cozy outdoor rooftop bar with unparalleled views of the city’s iconic skyline. For the corporate traveler, our flexible meeting and event spaces allow for creative company events ranging from intimate boardroom meetings to expansive product launch receptions.
- Effectively manage receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Arlo Hotels established guidelines. Monitors and controls Hotel’s cash flow and operating forecast.
- Ensure hotels compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels financial objectives.
- Complies with Standard Accounting policies and procedures and internal controls for finance and accounting operations
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories and hotel assets
- Successful completion of all internal and external financial audits, and delivering information requested by auditors on a timely basis.
- Directs or prepares all financial reports in accordance with Arlo Hotels’ requirements, meeting various due dates and deadlines.
- Report responsibility – Weekly: A/R & A/P Aging.
- Report responsibility – Monthly: Financial Statements
- Timely interacts with Executive Committee members to assure that property operations are on track and under control at all times.
- Monitor hotels’ compliance in meeting required report deadlines and due dates and react accordingly.
- Monitor the accurate production of the hotel daily operating report.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Arlo Hotel’s Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Related experience in a Hotel or Hospitality environment.
- Executes other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Internal: Front Desk, Revenue Management / Reservations, Accounting, Sales, and Food & Beverage
- External: Hotel guests, clients and vendors
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- A minimum of 3 years of related progressive experience in hotel Accounting and college degree with an Accounting/ Finance designation.
- Experience working with Opera, ProfitSword & Sage 300 preferred.
- Prior experience with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Month-End reporting required
- Overtime and flexibility may be required during month-end close.
- Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects;
Benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k Program (ref. 39042)