Nautilus by Arlo, newly added edition to the Arlo Hotels portfolio is now seeking a dynamic Sales Manager to assist in driving overall sales of the hotel.
Originally built as the Nautilus Hotel, our boutique hotel on Collins Ave is located in the heart of Miami’s Art Deco district. Designed by famed architect Morris Lapidus in the 1950s, Nautilus, features a comfortable design that emulates a luxury beach house with public spaces, rooms and suites that have an international and residential feel.
In the lifestyle hospitality industry, people make the difference. Arlo Hotels is committed to being a great place to work, providing exceptional service for our guests through our unique approach to the independent lifestyle hotel segment. Here at Arlo we ask all our team members to be themselves and embrace it!
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so, keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”……
This position is responsible to assist and support the Director of Sales & Marketing in all aspects of sales activities to achieve overall hotel goals. The Sales Manager will be responsible to represent the Arlo Brand and embrace its values and culture within each interaction.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Proactively lead and generate new business opportunities, drive pricing, direct sales, and results for the designated accounts and market segment.
- Accountable to accounts’ potential performance as well as budget, forecast, and individual and team’s target goals; prepare, implement and compile data for strategic sales plan as needed.
- As directed, plan and execute sales missions aligned with the sales & marketing plan as well as key partners on co-op initiatives and strategies.
- Monitor (monthly) the performance of each accepted account to ensure that the estimated production is being achieved.
- Provide (monthly) reports of each account indicating its production and activities to achieve the goals.
- Plan, execute, and attend industry tradeshows and event, conventions, and sales trips to meet with key decision makers of each target and key accounts on a monthly basis.
- Conduct agency and corporate presentations, meetings, site inspections, and client events in order to develop the best product knowledge and improve & maintain a strong relationship.
- Ensuring that the loading request forms are being filled out correctly and to ensure correct rate loading and tracking of production.
- Ensuring that the group resumes and BEO’s are being filled out correctly and to ensure a smooth operation of all group bookings.
- Contribute towards the development and general guidance of the sales team and strategies where applicable.
- Ensure reviews of STR, Demand Report, Rate360, and Agency360 reports
- Ensure RFPs are submitted on time and correctly. Rates to be approved by DOSM.
- Maintain and grow relationships with hotel clients.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- University or college degree from an accredited institution; Bachelor’s degree in in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel + Restaurant Management, or related major or professional area
- At least 3 years or more of experience as a Sales Coordinator an asset
- Miami, South Beach Experience.
- 1-2 years Sales Manager Experience.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of various discipline focused computer programs, including a strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Opera
- Positive, enthusiastic approach
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity
- Experience marketing luxury and innovative brands a plus
Benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k Program (ref. 40242)