Room Attendant – Nautilus by Arlo
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Room Attendant
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…
Originally built as the Nautilus Hotel, our boutique hotel on Collins Ave is located in the heart of Miami’s Art Deco district. Designed by famed architect Morris Lapidus in the 1950s, Nautilus, features a comfortable design that emulates a luxury beach house with public spaces, rooms and suites that have an international and residential feel.
Under the guidance of the Director of Housekeeping the Room Attendant is responsible in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in all guest rooms in hotel and assigned public areas in accordance with Arlo Hotels standards. Room Attendants play an important role for providing a home-away-from-home experience for each of our guests every day. A Room Attendant will promote positive, pleasant environment for the guest and fellow colleagues and have the ability to address problems or special requests for a guest.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations
- Honesty & Integrity
- Maintain open communication with Housekeeping Managers and all other departments
- Reviews daily inventory of rooms, arrivals and departures
- To be mindful of the importance of personal hygiene and grooming
- Adhere to hotel Health and Safety guidelines
- Participate in pre-shift meeting
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Daily sign in and out of designated master key
- Report immediately any accident and or incident which may accrue while at work
- Acknowledge guest with eye contact
- Use guest name whenever possible
- Report all guest concerns to management in a timely manner
- Prepare necessary material required to accomplish daily tasks on Room attendant cart prior to cleaning designated rooms for your shift.
- Cleaning of Guest Rooms includes but not solely subject to:
- Remove dirty bed linens
- Replace with clean linens
- Properly set bed with linens to tommie standards
- Ensure if any items are missing they are reported and replaced
- Bathroom (cleaning items below but not solely subject to):
- Counter and Sink
- Shower: surfaces tile and glass
- Floor: scrub floor
- Shower curtain: clean and/or replace
- Remove dirty towels and replace with clean towel
- Other areas of the Guest Room:
- Clean Walls
- Curtain drawer
- Remove garbage from garbage bins.
Linen Closet/Trash Compactor/ Linen Shoot
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Linen Closet
- Ensure proper usage of linen and inventory procedures
- Empty dirty linens via the linen shoot and properly utilize the linen shoot
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Trash Compactor
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Linen Shoot
Guest Corridors/Guest & Service Elevators/Back of the House
- Vacuum corridors daily
- Special cleaning assignments including but not limited to: carpet cleaning
- Mattress program
- Ensure that elevators are clean and free of smudges
- Keep and maintain cleanliness of guest and service elevator and elevator tracks
- Vacuum, dust and remove garbage in all back the house offices
- Rooftop Lounge, Lobby, Listening Lounge, Meeting Rooms, Courtyard, Public Washrooms,
- Ensure floor is clean and free of debris
- Clean doors as required and ensure that doors are free of smudges
- Maintain high level of service in public areas, guest corridors.
- Ensure that public washrooms (men’s and women) are clean and tidy and adequately supplied with paper products.
Other Housekeeping Related Duties:
- Participate in monthly and weekly housekeeping projects
- Sign off on guest request in department log
- Review work status of incomplete work at the end of each shift with Assistant Manager-Housekeeping.
- Perform well under pressure situations and time demands
- Support for other operating departments and guest activities
- Ensure that productivity standard is being consistently followed
- Any other requests of duties from management
- Hotel experience preferred or commercial cleaning companies.
- Ability to frequently lift, carry, pull and push up to 15lbsAbility to occasionally lift, carry, pull and push up to 35lbs
- Ability to reach hand and arms in any direction and kneel, stoop or crouch repeatedly. Described Motions: Bending, Standing Reaching and Kneeling
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain on the job training certification in relation to health and safety.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Program, Tuition Reimbursement (ref. 50801)