People Services Manager – Nautilus by Arlo
Nautilus by Arlo is now seeking a dynamic People Services Manager to assist in overseeing all areas in the Human Resources Capacity.
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…
This position will be responsible for assisting all departments in effectively providing assistance in the areas of recruitment & selection, performance management, succession planning, training, employee relations, employment retention, legislation, policies & procedures and health & safety.
Originally built as the Nautilus Hotel, our boutique hotel on Collins Ave is located in the heart of Miami’s Art Deco district. Designed by famed architect Morris Lapidus in the 1950s, Nautilus, features a comfortable design that emulates a luxury beach house with public spaces, rooms and suites that have an international and residential feel.
- Uses judgment supported by human resource acumen and practical experience.
- Leads the delivery of human resource policies, practices and programs.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection function for all hourly and some management positions.
- Assists in the administration of the training and development program – Cultural Training, Health and Safety Training all other related training programs
- Assisting in Management of Benefits and 401K Program.
- Assists the Health and Safety Program: in compliance with applicable Health & Safety legislation laws, First Aid and spearheads Safety Committee.
- Assists in conducting regular wage/salary reviews and local surveys to ensure hotels are remaining competitive in the market.
- Assists managers in facilitation with specific training needs within their department.
- Assists Director of People Services in maintaining an open door policy for all team members.
- Establishes and maintains confidential employee files, maintains accuracy and integrity.
- With the Corporate Director of People Services champions the Employee Engagement Survey (ESS) process, interprets the results, and supports the development and implementation of action plans.
- Brand Ambassador for Arlo Hotels and truly embodies and lives the Arlo Culture.
- Employee Relations- Assists in executing Recognition Programs, Annual Employee Events, monthly employee appreciation events.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- 3 years or more experience in Human Resources in hotel or related industry.
- University/ College Bachelor’s Degree.
- Diploma or Certificate in Human Resources Management.
- Service focused, understands the principles and processes required for providing exceptional, personal service in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of all human resources disciplines (benefits, compensation, training, recruitment, performance management, employee relations).
- Knowledge of and practical experience with relevant state/federal employment standards.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Benefits : Medical, Vision, Dental and 401k
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.