Lobby Host – Arlo SoHo
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking a dynamic Lobby Host . Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”…..
Responsible for welcoming and assisting in setting the tone for a guest’s experience through the process of check in and out of hotel, receiving payment, correcting account and reservation discrepancies, creating and canceling reservations, acting as a switchboard relief and providing luggage assistance; assisting with valet parking and summoning cabs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations
- Honesty & Integrity
- Connects with guests on a daily basis, provides exceptional customer service and creates memorable experiences
- Responds to guest complaints promptly and professionally.
- Reports guest concerns or comments to the Front Desk Supervisor/Duty Manager
- Establishes and develops long term customer relationships providing value and profitability
- Enhances our guests’ stay by creating an inviting atmosphere
- Coordinates and multi-tasks job duties in an active environment
- Assists with summoning the third-party valet service to park guests’ vehicles.
- Assists with summoning cabs for guests and clients.
- Maintains eye contact with guests
- Usage of Guests name during conversation
Greeting and Welcoming Guests
- Always greets guests in a friendly manner.
- Speaks in clear and discreet sentences.
- Positions self at the main entrance to open and hold the door for all guests entering and leaving the building.
- Opens vehicle doors and greet guests.
- Uses the guest’s name whenever possible and maintains a professional demeanour at all times.
Check In and Out Services
- Assists guests with kiosk check-in.
- Enters information such as arrival alerts and messages.
- Corrects inaccuracies and discrepancies on guest accounts.
- Posts charges to guest accounts.
- Completes daily high balance checks.
- Checks groups and tours in and out.
- Confidently sells the hotel to prospective guests by showing familiarity with guest rooms, facilities and amenities.
- Updates all guest profiles with correct billing information, preferences, special requests, etc.
- Assist arriving guests with luggage upon entering and exiting the building.
- Escort guests to their room and handles luggage.
- Secure and stores luggage for guests.
- Retrieve luggage for departing guests.
- Lifts luggage and uses bell carts to assist guests.
Arrivals and Room Moves
- Escort guests to their room with luggage.
- Familiarize guests with in-room facilities, TV, Thermostat, lighting, and features in the room.
- Conduct guest’s orientation of outlets, fitness centre, general area attractions, etc.
- Coordinate with Front Desk in regards to room moves.
- Maintains good posture when interacting and greeting guests.
- Assists and coordinates with Front Desk for any special requests.
- Familiarizes themselves with all VIPs and Arrivals
- Assists with guest requests, errands, deliveries, etc.
- General Store maintenance
- Conduct sales within the General Store
- Understand the product within the General Store and have the ability to speak to the product
- Report inventory monthly on all stock/product
Guest Services Responsibilities
- Reports any guest concerns or comments to the Director of Front Office and Front Office Managers/ Supervisor(s)
- Provides Concierge services to guests.
- Investigates guest charges to resolve guest complaints.
- Checks messages and mail.
- Books guest reservations for individuals via telephone, walk-in, email or fax from within the hotel in accordance with hotel standards and reservations scripts.
- Up-sell rooms where possible according to established procedures to maximize revenues.
- Assists with guest luggage to and from the room when needed.
- Deliver packages (mail, faxes etc.) to guest room when needed.
- Assists in calling and retrieving cabs for guests upon request.
- Any other requests of duties from management.
- Balance cash daily.
- Deposit received cash in safe and return personal and/ or individual floating bank to issued safety deposit box.
- Ensure all billing and paperwork is done in accordance with Accounting standards.
- Proper handling of sensitive and confidential guest material and information understood and held in a professional manner.
- Accept advance deposits for guests and posts the advance to guests’ accounts.
- Makes change and balances the personal and/or individual floating bank.
- Minimum of Hospitality, Retail or Services related industries experience preferred
- Must be able to stand for periods of time (Up to 6 hours)
- Efficient in Computer and Typing Skills.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
Benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k Program (ref. 51931)