Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Lobby Host.
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”…..
What is a Lobby Host responsible for…….
This position is responsible for welcoming and assisting in setting the tone for a guest’s experience through the process of check in and out of hotel, receiving payment, correcting account and reservation discrepancies, creating and canceling reservations, acting as a switchboard relief and providing luggage assistance; assisting with valet parking and summoning cabs.
Arlo SoHo, situated on the corner of Hudson and Canal in the Hudson Square neighborhood of New York City, is a smartly designed 325-room hotel that offers a one-of-a-kind city experience. Opened in September 2016, the hotel features efficiently designed rooms with high end finishes and amenities. Guests will enjoy expansive public spaces to take morning meetings; a sunny outdoor courtyard to enjoy a coffee; Harold’s Meat + Three a bustling 110-seat New American restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and a sprawling rooftop bar set against the backdrop of the Hudson River and the downtown cityscape. The hotel provides an authentic New York City experience in the Historic Printing District, that blends neighborhood charm with modern corporate headquarters, all steps from SoHo, Tribeca and West Village.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations
- Honesty & Integrity
- Connects with guests on a daily basis, provides exceptional customer service and creates memorable experiences
- Responds to guest complaints promptly and professionally.
- Reports guest concerns or comments to the Front Desk Supervisor/Duty Manager
- Establishes and develops long term customer relationships providing value and profitability
- Enhances our guests’ stay by creating an inviting atmosphere
- Coordinates and multi-tasks job duties in an active environment
- Assists with summoning the third-party valet service to park guests’ vehicles.
- Assists with summoning cabs for guests and clients.
- Maintains eye contact with guests
- Usage of guests name during conversation
Greeting and Welcoming Guests
- Always greets guests in a friendly manner.
- Speaks in clear and discreet sentences.
- Positions self at the main entrance to open and hold the door for all guests entering and leaving the building.
- Opens vehicle doors and greet guests.
- Uses the guest’s name whenever possible and maintains a professional demeanor at all times.
Check In and Out Services
- Assists guests with kiosk check-in.
- Enters information such as arrival alerts and messages.
- Corrects inaccuracies and discrepancies on guest accounts.
- Posts charges to guest accounts.
- Completes daily high balance checks.
- Checks groups and tours in and out.
- Confidently sells the hotel to prospective guests by showing familiarity with guest rooms, facilities and amenities.
- Updates all guest profiles with correct billing information, preferences, special requests, etc.
- Assist arriving guests with luggage upon entering and exiting the building.
- Escort guests to their room and handles luggage.
- Secure and stores luggage for guests.
- Retrieve luggage for departing guests.
- Lifts luggage and uses bell carts to assist guests.
Arrivals and Room Moves
- Escort guests to their room with luggage.
- Familiarize guests with in-room facilities, TV, Thermostat, lighting, and features in the room.
- Conduct guest’s orientation of outlets, fitness center, general area attractions, etc.
- Coordinate with Front Desk in regards to room moves.
- Maintains good posture when interacting and greeting guests.
- Assists and coordinates with Front Desk for any special requests.
- Familiarizes themselves with all VIPs and Arrivals
- Assists with guest requests, errands, deliveries, etc.
Guest Services Responsibilities
- Reports any guest concerns or comments to the Director of Front Office and Front Office Managers/ Supervisor(s)
- Provides Concierge services to guests.
- Investigates guest charges to resolve guest complaints.
- Checks messages and mail.
- Books guest reservations for individuals via telephone, walk-in, email or fax from within the hotel in accordance with hotel standards and reservations scripts.
- Up-sell rooms where possible according to established procedures to maximize revenues.
- Assists with guest luggage to and from the room when needed.
- Deliver packages (mail, faxes etc.) to guest room when needed.
- Assists in calling and retrieving cabs for guests upon request.
- Any other requests of duties from management.
- Balance cash daily.
- Deposit received cash in safe and return personal and/ or individual floating bank to issued safety deposit box.
- Ensure all billing and paperwork is done in accordance with Accounting standards.
- Proper handling of sensitive and confidential guest material and information understood and held in a professional manner.
- Assist with the Night Audit process on a needs basis.
- Minimum of Hospitality, Retail or Services related industries experience preferred
- Must be able to stand for periods of time (Up to 6 hours)
- Efficient in Computer and Typing Skills.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Passionate about guest service