Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Lobby Hosts (Front Desk)
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”…..
What is a Lobby Host responsible for…….
Responsible for welcoming and assisting in setting the tone for a guest’s experience through the process of check in and out of hotel, receiving payment, correcting account and reservation discrepancies, creating and canceling reservations, acting as a switchboard relief and providing luggage assistance; assisting with valet parking and summoning cabs.
Arlo NoMad is located in the thriving midtown neighborhood known as NoMad, the hotel is mere steps from NYC icons like Madison Square Garden and the Empire State Building. The hotel features stylishly appointed rooms that maximize the cool factor while still providing a value-conscious alternative to other boutique chains. The hotel offers numerous public spaces for both business and social activities including a second floor lobby bar with terrace; a 75-seat Italian-American restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner; and a cozy outdoor rooftop bar with unparalleled views of the city’s iconic skyline. For the corporate traveler, our flexible meeting and event spaces allow for creative company events ranging from intimate boardroom meetings to expansive product launch receptions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations
- Honesty & Integrity
- Connects with guests on a daily basis, provides exceptional customer service and creates memorable experiences
- Responds to guest complaints promptly and professionally.
- Reports guest concerns or comments to the Front Desk Supervisor/Duty Manager
- Establishes and develops long term customer relationships providing value and profitability
- Enhances our guests’ stay by creating an inviting atmosphere
- Coordinates and multi-tasks job duties in an active environment
- Assists with summoning the third-party valet service to park guests’ vehicles.
- Assists with summoning cabs for guests and clients.
- Maintains eye contact with guests
- Usage of guests name during conversation
Greeting and Welcoming Guests
- Always greets guests in a friendly manner.
- Speaks in clear and discreet sentences.
- Positions self at the main entrance to open and hold the door for all guests entering and leaving the building.
- Opens vehicle doors and greet guests.
- Uses the guest’s name whenever possible and maintains a professional demeanor at all times.
Check In and Out Services
- Assists guests with kiosk check-in.
- Enters information such as arrival alerts and messages.
- Corrects inaccuracies and discrepancies on guest accounts.
- Posts charges to guest accounts.
- Completes daily high balance checks.
- Checks groups and tours in and out.
- Confidently sells the hotel to prospective guests by showing familiarity with guest rooms, facilities and amenities.
- Updates all guest profiles with correct billing information, preferences, special requests, etc.
- Assist arriving guests with luggage upon entering and exiting the building.
- Escort guests to their room and handles luggage.
- Secure and stores luggage for guests.
- Retrieve luggage for departing guests.
- Lifts luggage and uses bell carts to assist guests.
Arrivals and Room Moves
- Escort guests to their room with luggage.
- Familiarize guests with in-room facilities, TV, Thermostat, lighting, and features in the room.
- Conduct guest’s orientation of outlets, fitness center, general area attractions, etc.
- Coordinate with Front Desk in regards to room moves.
- Maintains good posture when interacting and greeting guests.
- Assists and coordinates with Front Desk for any special requests.
- Familiarizes themselves with all VIPs and Arrivals
- Assists with guest requests, errands, deliveries, etc.
Guest Services Responsibilities
- Reports any guest concerns or comments to the Director of Front Office and Front Office Managers/ Supervisor(s)
- Provides Concierge services to guests.
- Investigates guest charges to resolve guest complaints.
- Checks messages and mail.
- Books guest reservations for individuals via telephone, walk-in, email or fax from within the hotel in accordance with hotel standards and reservations scripts.
- Up-sell rooms where possible according to established procedures to maximize revenues.
- Assists with guest luggage to and from the room when needed.
- Deliver packages (mail, faxes etc.) to guest room when needed.
- Assists in calling and retrieving cabs for guests upon request.
- Any other requests of duties from management.
- Balance cash daily.
- Deposit received cash in safe and return personal and/ or individual floating bank to issued safety deposit box.
- Ensure all billing and paperwork is done in accordance with Accounting standards.
- Proper handling of sensitive and confidential guest material and information understood and held in a professional manner.
- Assist with the Night Audit process on a needs basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.