Hotel Manager – Arlo Midtown
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking a dynamic Hotel Manager. Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”…..
This position is responsible for effectively leading the day to day operations of the hotel and its team members. Assist General Manager in budgeting, planning, organizing and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house and back of house operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treats guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Displays honesty & integrity.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings.
- Communicates effectively to staff using tools such as development reviews, training, departmental orientation and monthly departmental meetings.
- Motivates and develops team members.
- Create preventive maintenance programs for consistency of the product.
- Ensures updated safe work environment.
- Is an inspirational leader able to motivate team members to be consistently engaged in serving others, always looking for that opportunity and outcome.
- You build strong partnerships with internal customers and outside vendors.
- You possess excellent communication and leadership skills and are a strong, creative problem solver both with Team members and third party partners operating within the hotel.
- You are a proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.
- You are comfortable being a change agent and creating a welcoming environment.
- You are confident and have the ability to think clearly on your feet and under pressure.
- You love to negotiate and create win-win situations for customers, owners, partners and all operational team members alike.
- Overseeing and directing the daily operations for the Front Office, Maintenance, Housekeeping & Security departments for hotel.
- Daily Co-ordination with F&B Managers to ensure a seamless, thoughtful and excellent level of service.
- Directing, implementing and maintaining a service and management philosophy which serves as a standard to respective department heads and staff.
- Design and implement training for departments to continuously exceed standard service and operational standards as set by Arlo Hotels.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, develop and implement strategies to ensure seamless service delivery while maximizing revenue and management costs.
- Assist General Manager in development of budget; responsible for maintaining targeted goals within the budget.
- Develop and direct the performance of departmental managers and supervisors to ensure the highest levels of guest and employee satisfaction in a cost efficient manner.
- Be a leader and ambassador in maintaining the Arlo Team Member Culture through team member engagement, training and development.
- Assists in leading Safety Committee initiatives and Security provisions.
- Assist the General Manager in the protection and enhancement of all hotel assets through appropriate programs in maintenance, security and housekeeping as well as through the capital budgeting process.
- A minimum of 3 -5 years previous Director of Rooms, Director of Operations and/or Assistant General Manager experience in a hotel environment.
- Intensive direct-experience in various hotel operational departments including Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping, Security/Loss Prevention and/or Engineering and/ or Food & Beverage.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing service standards and procedures that yield high guest and employee satisfaction needed.
- Previous experience managing third party or leased space arrangements such as food & beverage, valet or security.
- Strong financial acumen with an ability to partner with other departments to drive revenue and manage expenses.
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and tactfully in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Fire Safety Director (must obtain up to 6-9 months after employment commences).
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental and 401k and Tuition Reimbursement P (ref. 58180).