Host / Hostess -Nautilus by Arlo
The host plays a critical role in the guest experience, as he/she is the first and last person whom will interact with our guests. By definition, a host is ‘the person who receives or entertains other people as guests’. You are responsible for setting the tone!
- Responsible for welcoming and greeting all guests.
- Responsible for knowing restaurant and company information, including, but not limited to, hours of operations, directions, awareness of neighborhood, sister properties, and names and titles of corporate employees.
- Responsible for recognizing regular and VIP guests.
- Use personality and hospitality skills to provide a seamless and memorable guest experience.
- Dress professionally in clean and presentable attire, and never forgetting to wear a smile.
- Check guests in.
- Walk guests to tables and engage in conversation while doing so.
- Pull out chairs and present menus individually.
- Listen to guests’ complaints and work to diffuse any unhappy guest situations. Utilize management to help.
- Master the operations of the Open Table system.
- Complete all opening and closing side work as assigned.
- Interact with fellow employees and guests in a cheerful, professional manner.
- Communicate with the Maitre’d any open tables, long waits, or guest issues.
- Courteously handle and apologize for any tables waiting past their reservation time.
- Welcome all guests with the same hospitality you would extend to guests in your home.
- Responsible for wishing all guests a warm farewell.
- Handle reservations.
- Answer all phone calls with a warm, inviting & professional tone.
- Cater to all guest needs & requests by communicating via email & telephone.
- Confirm all reservations 1 day prior.
- Communicate all Event Inquires to the Sales Team.
- Forward all phone messages.
- Handle all credit card authorizations for guests.
- Acquire all credit card Information for Itemized receipts and credit card disputes.
- Forward all lost and found inquires to management.
- Maintain an efficient and accurate reservation system (OpenTable or any other system we may use).
- Have a working understanding of all basic restaurant Information.
- Understands complete floor plan & service flow of the restaurant.
- Communicate all necessary information including VIP reservations, cancellations and guest issues with the Restaurant Managers and the Maitre’d.
- Keep reservations office clean and organized.
- Always remember that the guests’ phone interactions with host are a very important part of the dining experience; you will be the diner’s first impression of the restaurant.
- 1-2 years of similar experience
- Understanding of reservations system (Open Table)