Front Office Supervisor – Nautilus by Arlo
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Front Office Supervisor
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…
What is a Front Office Supervisor responsible for…
This position will be responsible for assisting in the daily operation of the front desk and liaising with any area impacting guest service. Coordinates and executes activities to ensure exceptional service is achieved. Provides operational support, distributes information, trains, motivates and recognizes team members. Exercises independent judgment and initiative in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities.
Originally built as the Nautilus Hotel, our boutique hotel on Collins Ave is located in the heart of Miami’s Art Deco district. Designed by famed architect Morris Lapidus in the 1950s, Nautilus, features a comfortable design that emulates a luxury beach house with public spaces, rooms and suites that have an international and residential feel.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Displays honesty & integrity.
- Supervises the Front Office Department – Lobby Hosts.
- Motivates and develops team members.
- Maximizes room sales, room revenue and profit.
- Delivers outstanding service and creates memorable experiences.
- Assists in leading and supervising the operational activities of the front office team within hotel guidelines to provide the highest standard of courteous service while permitting acceptable profit margins.
- Embraces and effectively lives Arlo Hotels values and culture.
- Assigns, coordinates, and supervises work activities of Lobby Hosts.
- Ensures work is completed to include shift closings, room deposits, refunds and rebates. All necessary paperwork is completed.
- Responds immediately to all emergency situations, completes necessary incident reports, and follows up with guests and staff.
- Communicates effectively to staff using tools such as: pre-shift briefings, orientation, activities, short take training.
- Manages same day rooms inventory and rate yielding.
- Takes personal responsibility for correcting service problems and creates memorable guest experiences.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Director of Front Office
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High school diploma.
- Hospitality or customer service.
- Opera experience.
Benefits : Medical, Vision, Dental and 401k (ref. 58260)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.