Food Runner – Nautilus by Arlo
As a runner, you contribute a tremendous amount towards our success. The most important function of the runner is to deliver food from the kitchen to the correct guest at the table. You have a direct impact on the level of service that we offer to our guests, not only through your assistance of the waiters, but your interaction with the guests themselves. Additionally, you are the key liaison between the front of the house and the kitchen, and your clear communication will lend itself to a smooth service. You have been chosen for this position because of your experience, ability, and character. Together, we will work to provide a memorable dining experience for each of our guests.
- Complete all opening duties as assigned.
- Properly stock all plates, silverware, and condiments to par according to restaurant standards.
- Communicate any supply shortages to management.
- Deliver food to the table accurately, effectively, and with grace.
- Announce the item you are delivering to the guest. For example, “Harold’s Special Pork Chop”
- Be prepared to answer any questions the guest may have.
- Be able to accurately and enthusiastically describe all menu items and their ingredients.
- Know all front of house and kitchen etiquette procedures.
- Work with chef to update the kitchen on table status and course readiness.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests.
- Make sure guests have everything they need before leaving the table.
- Interact in a courteous and professional manner with guests, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of the line, dining room floors, and paths of service.
- Assist the dishwashers in maintaining order of plates and glassware in the dish room at all times.
- Complete extra cleaning projects as assigned.
- Complete end of night closing side-work as per restaurant standards.