Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking a dynamic Food & Beverage Manager for our Nautilus by Arlo hotel located in Miami Beach. Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…
The role of the Food & Beverage Manager is to assist and support the Director of Food & Beverage in the overall operations of the Food & Beverage outlets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations
- Honesty & Integrity
- Delivers outstanding service and creates memorable experiences
- Coordinates and multi-tasks job duties in an active environment
- Assists the Director of Food & Beverage in training and developing management and staff.
- Schedules some or all front of house departments.
- Submits and verifies payroll for front of the house staff.
- Develops training documents, menu descriptions and service documents for front of house staff.
- Discuss hiring needs with Director of Food & Beverage and People Services and assists in the interviewing and hiring process.
- Coordinate interviews with applicants as necessary.
- On boards and creates training programs for new hires.
- Prepare daily and seasonal staff training classes.
- Design and implement new tools and procedures to improve service as necessary.
- Lead pre-shifts daily to make sure staff is aware of all company-wide news, HR updates, and restaurant menu additions.
- Handle all guest relations issues when guests call ie. chargebacks, staff issues, lost items, etc.
- Ensure that all health department standards are being upheld daily.
- Has awareness and understanding of the restaurant P&L and implements plans to increase profit margin by controlling labor and operating costs.
- Ensures a high level of guest satisfaction and cultivates return business.
- Ensures set up and execution of events within hotel are successful.
- Upholds restaurant and events standard operating procedures.
- Meets guests and develops relationships to manage the restaurant from a promotional angle.
- Upholds restaurant standard operating procedures.
- Upholds all People Services best practices as it pertains to coaching, counseling, disciplinary, hiring, and terminations.
- Follows and ensures compliance of all policies and standard operating procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, and control.
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff.
- TIPS Certification
- 3 years of experience in management capacity
Benefits :Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k Program (ref. 41800)