The Engineer Manager is responsible for effectively leading the engineering team in the execution of all maintenance of the overall hotel. From essential upgrading, installation and necessary purchase of all HVAC systems, mechanical, electrical and related equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treats guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Displays honesty & integrity.
- Overseeing the Engineering Department & Life Safety aspects throughout the building.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings.
- Communicates effectively to staff using tools such as development reviews, training, departmental orientation and monthly departmental meetings.
- Motivates and develops team members.
- Create preventive maintenance programs for consistency of the product
- Ensures updated safe work environment
- Participates and oversees Safety Program of Arlo Hotels.
- Is an inspirational leader able to motivate team members to be consistently engaged in serving others, always looking for that opportunity.
- Is organized and meticulous, utilizing a broad knowledge of building systems and mechanical operations to ensure operational efficiency and reliability
- Is a team player that supports the hotel operations team and is willing to do whatever is necessary to ensure the guest expectations are met and exceeded
- Assisting in selection, development and leadership of all Engineering team members in a building environment
- Management of all building systems, maintenance and repair to consistently provide all guests and team members with fully operational amenities and facilities
- Organize, schedule and oversee minor repairs across the building including needs of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and aesthetic disciplines including painting
- Assess proactive and reactive mechanical needs, determining appropriate repair strategy and, as needed, select vendors and contractors to complete work throughout the building as assigned
- Execute the preventative maintenance program to ensure all public areas and machinery are serviced and updated according to schedule in order to prevent major breakdowns
- With this job, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our guests, team members, investors and communities. We are looking for someone that understands what it means to live and emulate the culture.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred. Vocational training in Electrical, HVAC or Building Systems preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years previous building maintenance leadership experience required. Prior hotel/resort maintenance experience in a full-service luxury or boutique environment required.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Programming required. Must display ability to work with general computer operations. Experience with Google Apps or other web-based communication programs helpful.
- Must be able to communicate professionally in English, both written and verbal. Conversational abilities in other languages helpful.
- Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests’ interests and needs are always primary. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly. Must be able to access all areas of the resort across varied terrain and footing.
- Fire Safety Director (must obtain up to 6-9 months after employment commences)
- S12 City Wide Sprinkler System (must obtain up to 30 days after employment commences)S13 City Wide
- Standpipe System (must obtain up to 30 days after employment commences)
- EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification (Preferable)
- P99 Low PSI Oil Burner Operator (must obtain up to 30 days after employment commences)
- P98 Fuel Piping (must obtain up to 30 days after employment commences)
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, engineering staff may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k (ref. 45302)