Engineer – Nautilus by Arlo
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Engineer
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…
Under direction of the Director of Engineering, perform general repairs and preventive maintenance of any and all equipment found in and around the hotel as needed. Specific work areas will be assigned as needed to each team member, based on skill level and experience. Accurate record keeping on assigned tasks is required. Ensure that all safety systems are operable.
Originally built as the Nautilus Hotel, our boutique hotel on Collins Ave is located in the heart of Miami’s Art Deco district. Designed by famed architect Morris Lapidus in the 1950s, Nautilus, features a comfortable design that emulates a luxury beach house with public spaces, rooms and suites that have an international and residential feel.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Honesty & Integrity
- Day to day system operation and maintenance routines
- Minor and major repairs, improvements and upkeep.
- Respond to guestroom calls as required and in a positive, polite and timely manner.
- Report immediately any accident and or incident which may accrue while at work
- Acknowledge guest with eye contact
- Adhere to hotel Health and Safety guidelines.
- Use guest name whenever possible
- Report all guest concerns to management in a timely manner.
- Take equipment and meter readings and record in a legible and orderly manner.
- Ensure that job site is clean and orderly after completion of all jobs.
- Trade responsibilities:
- Minor Plumbing maintenance and repairs
- Minor Electrical maintenance and repairs
- Minor HVAC maintenance and repairs
- Painting (Spackle, Sanding etc.)
- Detailed record keeping is required form logs and inspection sheets.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all hotel guest rooms and public areas as assigned – (this requires the individual to visually inspect and detect items needing repair and requires knowledge of a wide variety of maintenance trades).
- Think quickly and act appropriately in emergency situations.
- Perform well under pressure situations, time demands, and work overtime when needed.
- Support for other operating departments and guest activities
- Maintains departmental compliance with hotel engineering procedures.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).Responds to all building related safety concerns.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as (but not limited to) moving supplies and equipment or cleaning up spills to ensure safe working environment.
- Report major repairs and items which cannot be repaired immediately to Management for further action.
- Ensuring communication between contractors and management.
- Any other requests of duties from management.
- Hotel or building maintenance experience preferred.
- Ability to push, pull, grasp, lift or carry supplies, equipment or tools weighting up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment.
- Skill in the use of related tools (including hand and electric tools).
Must have a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience working on minor electrical, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, and/or general construction repairs.
Ability to read, speak and write the English language in order to communicate with Guests and other hotel team members fully comprehend job assignments
Benefits : Medical, Vision, Dental and 401k (ref. 58784)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.