Engineer (HVAC) – Nautilus by Arlo
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Engineer (HVAC)
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…
What is an Engineer responsible for…
The Engineer (HVAC) is responsible for ensuring that the property is maintained in the best possible condition at all times with the least amount of inconvenience to customers and employees.
Originally built as the Nautilus Hotel, our boutique hotel on Collins Ave is located in the heart of Miami’s Art Deco district. Designed by famed architect Morris Lapidus in the 1950s, Nautilus, features a comfortable design that emulates a luxury beach house with public spaces, rooms and suites that have an international and residential feel.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Make repairs to hotel air conditioning system: change filters, clean coils, replace motors, capacitors, relays, transformers etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment (i.e. boilers, HVAC-Heating ventilation and air conditioning, electrical, etc.)
- Take required readings on equipment.
- Test cooling tower and record readings.
- Replace and program televisions as needed.
- Replace timers, light switches, receptacles, breakers, lightbulbs and fixtures.
- Replace and repair pumps.
- Perform plumbing repairs (i.e. clogged drains, copper pipe, change washers, change handles, drain fittings, etc.)
- Understand and be able to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Trace and repair all types of water lines.
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Maintain repair and preventative maintenance records.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and federal codes.
- Test, clean and repair swimming pools and spas.
- Paint designated areas.
- Repair and finish sheetrock.
- Repair all types of wall coverings.
- Repair and program hotel electronic lock systems.
- Vocational and technical training relating to HVAC/ refrigeration, Electrical, Plumbing is preferred.
- Ability to use all tools related to HVAC/R, Electrical and Plumbing..
- Ability to read and interpret HVAC, electrical, mechanical and plumbing blueprints.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair plumbing systems.
- Must be able to replace the following valves in an HVAC unit: reversing valve, expansion valve, drier filter, high pressure switch, low pressure switch etc.
- Must possess great customer service attitude.
- Attention to details and open-minded individual.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment with high demands.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, kneeling or crouching.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees; including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects up to 50 lbs. regularly without assistance, and move up to 100 lbs. or more with assistance.
- Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladder. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight.
Benefits : Medical, Vision, Dental and 401k (ref. 58241)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.