Director of Operations – NYC
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking a dynamic Director of Operations. Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”…
This position will be responsible for effectively leading the day to day operations of the hotel and its team members. Assist the General Manager in organizing and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house and back of house operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treats guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Displays honesty and integrity.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings.
- Communicates effectively to the front office and housekeeping team using tools such as development reviews, training, departmental orientation and monthly departmental meetings.
- Motivates and develops team members.
- Create preventive maintenance programs for consistency of the product.
- Ensures updated safe work environment.
- Is an inspirational leader able to motivate team members to be consistently engaged in serving others, always looking for that opportunity.
- You possess excellent communication and leadership skills and are a strong, creative problem solver both with Team members and third party partners operating within the hotel.
- You are a proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.
- You are comfortable being a change agent and creating a welcoming environment.
- You are confident and have the ability to think clearly on your feet and under pressure.
- Overseeing and directing the daily operations for the Front Office and Housekeeping and Engineering.
- Daily Co-ordination with F&B Managers to ensure a seamless, thoughtful and excellent level of service.
- Directing, implementing and maintaining a service and management philosophy which serves as a standard to respective department heads and staff.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, develop and implement strategies to ensure seamless service delivery while maximizing revenue and management costs.
- Develop and direct the performance of departmental managers and supervisors to ensure the highest levels of guest and employee satisfaction in a cost efficient manner.
- Assists in leading Safety Committee initiatives and Security provisions.
- Embodies the values and culture of Arlo Hotels.
- A minimum of 5 -8 years previous Front Office/ Housekeeping Management experience in a hotel environment.
- Intensive direct-experience in various hotel operational departments including Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing service standards and procedures that yield high guest and employee satisfaction needed.
- Strong financial acumen with an ability to partner with other departments to drive revenue and manage expenses.
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and tactfully in all interactions with guests and team members.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.