Director of Housekeeping – Arlo Hotels NYC
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking a dynamic Director of Housekeeping. Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”…
This position is responsible for the planning, organization, development and direction for the overall operation of the Housekeeping department. This role will focus on ensuring high levels of cleanliness, guest service and satisfaction throughout the hotel. This includes guest rooms; hallways, lobbies, public areas, rest areas, storage, work areas and hotel grounds meet and/or exceed Arlo standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Display honesty and integrity.
- Employs excellent employee relations and team building skills.
- Maintain open communication with Housekeeping Managers and all other departments.
- Adhere to hotel Health and Safety guidelines.
- Conduct and participate in pre-shift meetings.
- Work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Report immediately any accident and/or incident which may occur while at work.
- Ensure overall consistency and efficiency of the Housekeeping department.
- Supervises housekeeping staff: hiring, performance evaluations, training and development. With the assistance of People Services termination and coach and counseling.
- Establishes and maintains cost control systems for staffing, inventories (linen, terry, OS&E and cleaning supplies).
- Assists Director of Operations in the development of the department’s annual budget. Monitors performance against plan.
- Enforces Policies and Procedures.
- Schedules team members according to labor standards and forecasted business levels.
- Prepares daily assignments for all housekeeping team members.
- Checks all vacant rooms and spaces, public spaces, storage areas and rest areas each day in conjunction with supervisors.
- Maintains a high level of cleanliness quality based on hotel objectives.
- Manages the Lost and Found Program.
- Ensures guest satisfaction; addresses guest issues and/or any correspondence.
- Keeps control of daily financial reports; updates check books and balances profit and loss at the end of each month.
- Controls costs, as well as labor costs, improving departmental revenues.
- Orders and receives supplies, ensuring an adequate inventory level.
- Conducts and monitors Housekeeping payroll.
- Monitors labor and payroll costs.
- Ensures all hotel housekeeping standards are trained to all housekeeping team members.
- Coaches and develops team members when needed.
- Maintains a deep cleaning program.
- Conducts monthly departmental meetings.
- Establishes a strong relationship with the Engineering Department for any repairs needed and preventive maintenance program.
- College Degree in Hospitality or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in Housekeeping Management capacity.
- Ability to multi-task, work in fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other team members and departments.
- Possess knowledge of opening and closing the house, inventory control, ordering supplies, payroll, scheduling and managing budgets. (add similar)
- Physical Abilities:
- Reaching overhead and below with the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping
Move, Lift, Carry, Push, Pull and Place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 pounds without assistance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.