Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking a dynamic Director of Front Office.
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so, keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…
This position is responsible for the daily operation of the front desk and liaising with any area impacting guest service. Plans, directs and coordinates activities to ensure exceptional service is achieved. Provides operational support, distributes information, trains, motivates and recognizes team members. Exercises independent judgement and initiative in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treats guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Displays honesty & integrity.
- Is an inspirational leader able to motivate team members to be consistently engaged in serving others, always looking for opportunity.
- Always treats guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations
- Displays honesty & integrity.
- Oversees the Front Office Department – Bell Person, Lobby Hosts and Assistant Front Office Managers.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings.
- Communicates effectively to staff using tools such as development reviews, training, departmental orientation and monthly departmental meetings.
- Motivates and develops team members.
- Maximizes room sales, room revenue and profit.
- Delivers outstanding service and creates memorable experiences.
- Leads and supervises the operational activities of the front office team within hotel guidelines to provide the highest standard of courteous service while permitting acceptable profit margins.
- Embraces and effectively lives Arlo Core values and culture.
- Assigns, coordinates, and supervises work activities of Lobby Hosts/Bellmen.
- Trains, mentors and develops Lobby Hosts & Bell Persons. Prepares team member schedules, completes payroll, and monitors labor costs by reviewing daily schedule vs. occupancy and daily operational demands.
- Ensures work is completed to include shift closings, room deposits, refunds and rebates. All necessary paperwork is completed.
- Conducts Annual Performance Reviews with reporting team members.
- Communicates effectively to staff using tools such as: pre-shift briefings, orientation, activities, short take training and developmental reviews.
- Manages same day rooms inventory and rate yielding.
- Takes personal responsibility for correcting service problems and creates memorable guest experiences.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Responds immediately to all emergency situations, completes necessary incident reports, and follows up with guests and staff.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge
for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Hospitality Diploma or Degree Preferred
- Minimum 2 – 3 years in a Management Position
- Hospitality or Customer Service
- Opera & PBX experience.
- Fire and Life Safety Director Certification required within first six (6) months of employment.
Benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k Program (ref. 42188)