Director Food & Beverage – Nautilus by Arlo
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking a dynamic Food and Beverage Director. Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…
The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for providing direction for a restaurant with renowned chef, Rooftop Bar, Hotel Lobby Bar, and venue meeting space. You’ll be able to create outstanding experiences and concepts. You will be a key player in the leadership of the food & beverage program that will bring ideas to create a vision for the hotel, a dynamic self-starter that will make our various F&B outlets an important venue for our guests and our community. Someone who can build our food & beverage team to be a team that exceed all expectations and brings great guest satisfaction scores.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Participation and input towards F&B Marketing activities.
- Prepares weekly, monthly forecasts.
- Oversees, trains, and develops all managers and staff.
- Ensure that Buy Efficient is effectively used throughout the Food and Beverage operations.
- Forecast and manage budgeted Food & Beverage costs.
- Acts as a coach to improve the performance of all restaurant personnel.
- Ensures a high level of guest satisfaction and cultivates return business.
- Develops and upholds restaurant standard operating procedures.
- Attendance and participation at weekly F & B meeting and Monthly Department Head meeting.
- Assist in menu planning and pricing.
- Controls purchases and makes business decisions based on revenue and flows.
- Controls quality of all food and beverage product.
- Ensures successful maintenance program is in place in all operation venues
- Works within standards of the law to protect the business and all employees.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy properties by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with department of health regulations and maintaining security systems.
- Supervision of weekly payroll input.• All other duties as directed by the General Manager and SVP.
- Assure bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.• Assure the maintenance of bar control policies.
- Uses provided tools to analyze business patterns, labor trends, and sales history to make smart and effective business decisions.
- Maintain all legal permits
- Gauges the morale of staff in the restaurant and implements measures to keep employees happy and minimize turnover.
- Meets guests and develops relationships to manage the restaurant from a promotional angle.
- Upholds all people services best practices as it pertains to coaching, counseling, disciplinary, hiring, and terminations.
As this position directs and organizes the activities of the Food and Beverage Department to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and merchandising to maximize profits you will need to have the following skills or equivalent and relevant experience:
- At minimum 5 -8 years management as to clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority.
- Experience with food cost, inventory and ordering of supplies.
- Knowledge of P & L including budgeting and reconciliations
- Ability to create and effectively market new products, menus, specials etc.
- Ability to regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer acceptance of the individual restaurants and bar service, to recommend to management new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
- This role will require you to work some varied schedules based upon the needs of the restaurant and events.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, and control.
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff.