Conference Services Manager – Nautilus by Arlo
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Conference Services Manager
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…
Originally built as the Nautilus Hotel, our boutique hotel on Collins Ave is located in the heart of Miami’s Art Deco district. Designed by famed architect Morris Lapidus in the 1950s, Nautilus, features a comfortable design that emulates a luxury beach house with public spaces, rooms and suites that have an international and residential feel.
This position is responsible for the overall managing, organizing and execution of meetings, conferences from various clients and organizations that choose Arlo Hotels as its venue of choice. Additionally, meet and achieve yearly revenue goals by developing accounts and business opportunities for the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treats guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Displays honesty & integrity.
- Is an inspirational leader able to motivate team members to be consistently engaged in serving others, always looking for opportunity.
- You build strong partnerships with internal customers and outside vendors
- Plans and coordinates details for meetings
- Complete accurate BEO’s, upselling food, beverage, room rental, recreation, special amenities and technologyCommunicate all changes on Event
- Orders to other departments
- Actively prospects and solicits new contacts and business opportunities for meetings
- Acts as on-site contact for meeting and meeting groups and larger groups as needed
- Produces tickets for master billing including contract services, room rental and guests
- Complete weekly backlog reports and other departmental reports as designated
- Attends weekly resume meeting, training programs and other meeting as designated
- Provides feedback to Director of Sales & Marketing relating to guest comments, observations, industry news
- Follow up with client contact at the end of each meeting to ensure satisfaction and obtain feedback
- Assists with and completes special projects and assignments as designated by the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Produces invoices for clients
- Lives the values and culture of Arlo Hotels through every interaction with guests, clients and fellow team members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
Benefits: Medical, Visio, Dental, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement Program (ref. 51003)