Arlo Hotels and Blind Barber is now actively seeking dynamic Cocktail Servers.
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”…..
In 2010, Blind Barber was born on East 10th Street, NYC in a cozy barbershop and hidden bar in the back: the original meeting place of the unfiltered individuality. The idea was simple: blend classic style with modern expectations – and invite everyone inside. The space quickly became a place where friends, new and old, came to find confidence in themselves and community in the rest of us.
Friends came for a cut, stayed for a drink, and can take barber-made products with them to stay handsome in between. With every cut, cocktail, pomade, we hand someone the confidence to be the best version of themselves. Over the years, Blind Barber has grown into a unique platform of style, culture, and community – but it starts with the team. We look forward to meeting you.
This position is responsible to deliver unique, memorable and world class entertainment experiences to our guests, employees and partners, while delivering consistent, innovative and efficient operations. This role provides leadership to, assists with strategic direction to, and is responsible for contributing to the success of all of Arlo Hotels and Blind Barber.
The Cocktail Server greets customers, takes drink orders, provides the highest quality of service and perform all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Interacting with guests/patrons by taking their orders, making recommendations, providing them with accurate bills, serving them food and drinks, processing payments and supplying them with their needs in a timely manner.
- Handling multiple tables and tasks in an efficient manner.
- Cleaning and clearing tables.
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such as preparing ingredients and restocking items.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the proper age to purchase/drink alcoholic beverages
- Be aware of surroundings to ensure alcohol is not being served to those impaired or underage
- Additional duties as assigned by management
- Answer questions about menu items
- Able to accurately describe menu items including wine, beer and cocktails
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Ensure proper appearance and grooming while on duty
- Requires knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits as well as their preparation and presentation keeping updated on new and revised beverage recipes
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift & work inside assigned bar area in the venue
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 35 lbs. as needed.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.