Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Graphic Designer.
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”…..
This position is responsible to create and deliver visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate guests and clients. They develop the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, magazines, and corporate reports that are aligned for Arlo Hotels.
Arlo NoMad is located in the thriving midtown neighborhood known as NoMad, the hotel is mere steps from NYC icons like Madison Square Garden and the Empire State Building. The hotel features stylishly appointed rooms that maximize the cool factor while still providing a value-conscious alternative to other boutique chains. The hotel offers numerous public spaces for both business and social activities including a second floor lobby bar with terrace; Massoni ,a 75-seat Italian-American restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner; and a cozy outdoor rooftop bar with unparalleled views of the city’s iconic skyline. For the corporate traveler, our flexible meeting and event spaces allow for creative company events ranging from intimate boardroom meetings to expansive product launch receptions.
Arlo SoHo is situated on the corner of Hudson and Canal in the SoHo neighborhood of New York City, this smartly designed 325-room hotel offers a one-of-a-kind city experience. The hotel features stylishly appointed rooms that maximize the cool factor while still providing a value-conscious alternative to other boutique chains. The hotel provides an authentic NYC neighborhood experience far removed from the hustle and bustle of Times Square and Wall Street. Conveniently located within walking distance of some of NYC’s hippest nabes, the hotel also offers plenty of reasons to stay onsite which include numerous public spaces to take morning meetings; a sunny outdoor courtyard to enjoy a coffee; Harold’s a bustling 110-seat American restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner and a sprawling rooftop bar set against the backdrop of the Hudson River and the downtown cityscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treats guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Displays honesty & integrity.
- Is an inspirational leader able to motivate team members to be consistently engaged in serving others, always looking for that opportunity.
- You build strong partnerships with internal customers and outside vendors
- Meet with clients or the art director to determine the scope of a project
- Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular audience
- Determine the message the design should portray
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Work directly with the Marketing team to establish proper communication that align with the brand image
- Create the graphics used in packaging for the hotels
- Intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Ability to utilize and follow Brand Book Guidelines in accordance with activities and projects
- Ability to create animated GIF email or fliers
- Ability to use Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Assistance with digital and traditional marketing projects
- Blog post writing and SEO experience an asset
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High-energy and possess excellent customer service and sales skills, are especially effective in this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art Design, Marketing or related discipline.
- Previous hotel/ marketing venue experience an asset
- Exceptional networking skills
- 4+ years in professional commercial design, preferably marketing/creative agency or hotel
- Awareness and ability to stay ahead of the curve on trends
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Adaptive design eye and skill
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- 401K (ref. 32532)