Busser – Nautilus by Arlo
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking a dynamic Restaurant Busser. Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”…..
As a busser, you contribute a tremendous amount towards our success. Far beyond the basic responsibilities of clearing and re-setting tables, you are a key component to the maintenance and upkeep of our restaurant. Even more important, you have a direct impact on the level of service that we offer to our guests, not only through your assistance of the waiters, but your interaction with the guests themselves. You have been chosen for this position because of your experience, ability, and character. Together we will work to provide a memorable dining experience for each of our guests.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treats guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Displays honesty & integrity.
- Is an inspirational leader able to motivate team members to be consistently engaged in serving others, always looking for that opportunity.
- Complete all opening duties as assigned.
- Properly stock all side stations to par, according to restaurant standards.
- Communicate any supply shortages to management.
- Retrieve bread from the kitchen, stock the bread drawers, and monitor quality and consistency throughout the night.
- Prep butter/spread according to pars.
- Deliver bread to all tables after the order has been taken.
- Work with waiters to provide great service to all guests and to ensure that all needs are met.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests – however busy.
- Interact in a courteous and professional manner with guests, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Keep the linen storage areas clean and stocked.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of all service areas, dining room floors, and paths of service.
- Assist the dishwashers in maintaining order of plates and glassware in the dish room at all times.
- Clear each course promptly. *Clear all guests’ plates at once, unless otherwise indicated (napkin on plate, plate pushed away, etc.).
- Clear and re-set tables with attention to detail according to restaurant standards.
- Complete extra cleaning projects as assigned.
- Complete end of night closing side-work as per restaurant standards.
- Able to clean tables, taking plates, utensils and drinkware to the kitchen to be washed.
- Make sure diner’s water glasses are full.
- Able to reset tables for the next service.
- Help waiters and waitresses bring food out to the table.
- Restock utensils, napkins, and other dining needs.