Arlo Hotels and Blind Barber is now actively seeking dynamic Bussers.
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”…..
In 2010, Blind Barber was born on East 10th Street, NYC in a cozy barbershop and hidden bar in the back: the original meeting place of the unfiltered individuality. The idea was simple: blend classic style with modern expectations – and invite everyone inside. The space quickly became a place where friends, new and old, came to find confidence in themselves and community in the rest of us.
Friends came for a cut, stayed for a drink, and can take barber-made products with them to stay handsome in between. With every cut, cocktail, pomade, we hand someone the confidence to be the best version of themselves. Over the years, Blind Barber has grown into a unique platform of style, culture, and community – but it starts with the team. We look forward to meeting you.
As a Busperson, you contribute a tremendous amount towards our success. You have a direct impact on the level of service that we offer to our guests, not only through your service but your interaction with the guests themselves. Responsibilities include but are not limited to cleaning and clearing tables in restaurant and dining areas while maintaining a high standard of cleanliness. Together, we will work to provide a memorable dining experience for each of our guests.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations
- Practice Honesty & Integrity
- Maintain open communication with Managers and all other departments
- Complete all opening duties as assigned.
- Be mindful of the importance of personal hygiene and grooming
- Adhere to hotel Health and Safety guidelines
- Participate in pre-shift
- Showcase ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Immediately report any accident and or incident which may occur while at work.
- Acknowledge guest with eye contact
- Use guest name whenever possible
- Report all guest concerns to management in a timely manner
- Clear all tables of dishes and debris; continually remove dirty ashtrays, glasses, empty dinner dishes and used silverware from table.
- Carry trays of dirty dishes to dish room and break down trays according to the procedures.
- Maintain floor areas to ensure they are clean and dry.Assist with setup and breakdown of all buffet items (if
- Clean all spills and breakage immediately.
- Ensure all windows and glass surfaces are spotless.
- Clean service stations and fill ice bins.
- Assist servers with all aspects of service as requested.
- Report any damaged or worn items in the dining room to manager.
- Perform buffet duties as needed (if applicable).
- Anticipate guest’s needs and respond promptly.
- Acknowledge all guests regardless of whether they are in your station.
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with guests, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Alert management to any and all issues that arise at a table.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of all service areas.
- Clear each course promptly. *Clear all guests’ plates at once, unless otherwise indicated (napkin on plate, plate pushed away, etc.).
- Clock in and out for each shift. *Notify a manager if you are unable to do so.
- Communicate any supply shortages to management.
- Be prepared to answer any questions the guest may have.
- Interact in a courteous and professional manner with guests, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of the line, dining room floors, and paths of service.
- Properly stock all plates, silverware, and condiments to par according to restaurant standards.
- Clear and re-set tables with attention to detail according to restaurant standards
- Complete extra cleaning projects as assigned.
- Previous Busperson experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- TIPS (Preferred, not required)