Bartender – Blind Barber
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Bartenders
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…
In 2010, Blind Barber was born on East 10th Street, NYC in a cozy barbershop and hidden bar in the back: the original meeting place of the unfiltered individuality. The idea was simple: blend classic style with modern expectations – and invite everyone inside. The space quickly became a place where friends, new and old, came to find confidence in themselves and community in the rest of us.
Friends came for a cut, stayed for a drink, and can take barber-made products with them to stay handsome in between. With every cut, cocktail, pomade, we hand someone the confidence to be the best version of themselves. Over the years, Blind Barber has grown into a unique platform of style, culture, and community – but it starts with the team. We look forward to meeting you.
As a Bartender, you will be responsible for helping the bartender in the daily operation of the bar including cleanliness, bar setup and servicing guests. You have a direct impact on the level of service that we offer to our guests, not only through your service but your interaction with the guests themselves.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Prepare and mix beverages for guests in a friendly, courteous, and timely manner according to standards
- Promote and up-sell drinks and drink promotions.
- Practice prudent portion controls, proper set up of the bar according to standards, and keep sufficient inventories, and follow proper closing procedures.
- Must adhere to all state, federal, and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to the serving of alcoholic beverages
- Minimum one (1) year bartending experience in a fast paced environment
- Craft cocktail knowledge
- Extensive knowledge on spirits, wine and beer
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills and basic math skills.
- Must be able to maintain excellent customer service skills while maintaining high service standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy trays and equipment in addition to handling delicate objects, such as glassware, without damaging.
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift & work inside assigned bar area in the venue
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 35 lbs. as needed.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental and 401k and Tuition Reimbursement Program (ref. 50991)