Arlo Hotels and Blind Barber is now actively seeking dynamic Barbacks.
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”…..
In 2010, Blind Barber was born on East 10th Street, NYC in a cozy barbershop and hidden bar in the back: the original meeting place of the unfiltered individuality. The idea was simple: blend classic style with modern expectations – and invite everyone inside. The space quickly became a place where friends, new and old, came to find confidence in themselves and community in the rest of us.
Friends came for a cut, stayed for a drink, and can take barber-made products with them to stay handsome in between. With every cut, cocktail, pomade, we hand someone the confidence to be the best version of themselves. Over the years, Blind Barber has grown into a unique platform of style, culture, and community – but it starts with the team. We look forward to meeting you.
As a Barback, you will be responsible for helping the bartender in the daily operation of the bar including cleanliness, bar setup and servicing guests. You have a direct impact on the level of service that we offer to our guests, not only through your service but your interaction with the guests themselves.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bar storage room is neat and tidy and that all liquor is organized by type and easy to find
- Ensure all glassware is stocked
- Ensure ice is filled and refill as needed.
- Keep a constant eye on all near empty liquor bottles during service in anticipation of the bartender’s needs
- Ensure juices, syrups, fruit, mint, etc are well stocked and replace items when they get lowCheck expiration of all juices and purees on a daily basis
- Insure that all sodas, beer, and all water are fully stocked
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bar, refrigerators, and service areas of the bar in an organized manner.
- Assist in opening and closing side-work as assigned.
- Assist in ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of the bar or lounge areas.
- Clean all spills and breakage immediately.
- Ensure all windows and glass surfaces are spotless.
- Clean service stations and fill ice bins.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a high volume, service focused environment.
- Must have a working knowledge of spirits, wine and beer as well as all other products offered.
- Must exhibit a focused attention to detail, while working in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be able to maintain excellent customer service skills while maintaining high service standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy trays and equipment in addition to handling delicate objects, such as glassware, without damaging.
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift & work inside assigned bar area in the venue
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.