Assistant Front Office Manager – Nautilus by Arlo
Nautilus by Arlo is now seeking a dynamic Assistant Front Office Manager to assist in overseeing all areas in the Human Resources Capacity.
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…
This position will be responsible for assisting all departments in effectively providing assistance in the areas of recruitment & selection, performance management, succession planning, training, employee relations, employment retention, legislation, policies & procedures and health & safety.
Originally built as the Nautilus Hotel, our boutique hotel on Collins Ave is located in the heart of Miami’s Art Deco district. Designed by famed architect Morris Lapidus in the 1950s, Nautilus, features a comfortable design that emulates a luxury beach house with public spaces, rooms and suites that have an international and residential feel.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Displays honesty & integrity.
- Supervises the Front Office Department – Lobby Hosts.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings.
- Communicates effectively to staff using tools such as development reviews, training, departmental orientation and monthly departmental meetings.
- Motivates and develops team members.
- Maximizes room sales, room revenue and profit.
- Delivers outstanding service and creates memorable experiences.
- Assists in leading and supervising the operational activities of the front office team within hotel guidelines to provide the highest standard of courteous service while permitting acceptable profit margins.
- Embraces and effectively lives Arlo Hotels values and culture.
- Assigns, coordinates, and supervises work activities of Lobby Hosts.
- Trains, mentors and develops Lobby Hosts. Prepares team member schedules, completes payroll, and monitors labor costs by reviewing daily schedule vs. occupancy and daily operational demands.
- Ensures work is completed to include shift closings, room deposits, refunds and rebates. All necessary paperwork is completed.
- Conducts performance reviews with reporting team members.
- Responds immediately to all emergency situations, completes necessary incident reports, and follows up with guests and staff.
- Communicates effectively to staff using tools such as: pre-shift briefings, orientation, activities, short take training and developmental reviews.
- Manages same day rooms inventory and rate yielding.
- Takes personal responsibility for correcting service problems and creates memorable guest experiences.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Hospitality Diploma or Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years in a management position.
- Hospitality or customer service.
- Opera experience.
Benefits : Medical, Vision, Dental and 401k, Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.