Nautilus by Arlo, newly added edition to the Arlo Hotels portfolio is now seeking a dynamic Assistant Housekeeping Manager.
Originally built as the Nautilus Hotel, our boutique hotel on Collins Ave is located in the heart of Miami’s Art Deco district. Designed by famed architect Morris Lapidus in the 1950s, Nautilus, features a comfortable design that emulates a luxury beach house with public spaces, rooms and suites that have an international and residential feel.
In the lifestyle hospitality industry, people make the difference. Arlo Hotels is committed to being a great place to work, providing exceptional service for our guests through our unique approach to the independent lifestyle hotel segment. Here at Arlo we ask all our team members to be themselves and embrace it!
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so, keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”……
This position is responsible to assist and support the Director of Housekeeping.
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager is responsible assisting the Director of Housekeeping with the planning, organization, development and direction for the overall operation of the Housekeeping department. This role will focus on ensuring high levels of cleanliness, guest service and satisfaction throughout the hotel. This includes guest rooms; hallways, lobbies, public areas, rest areas, storage, work areas and hotel grounds meet and/or exceed Arlo standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treat guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Display honesty & integrity.
- Employs excellent employee relations and team building skills.
- Maintain open communication with Housekeeping Managers and all other departments.
- Adhere to hotel Health and Safety guidelines.
- Conduct and participate in pre-shift meetings.
- Work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Report immediately any accident and/or incident which may occur while at work.
- Ensure overall consistency and efficiency of the Housekeeping department.
- Supervises housekeeping staff: hiring, performance evaluations, training and development. With the assistance of People Services, termination.
- Establishes and maintains cost control systems for staffing, inventories (linen, terry, OS&E and cleaning supplies).
- Assists Assistant General Manager in the development of the department’s annual budget. Monitors performance against plan.
- Enforces Policies and Procedures.
- Schedules team members according to labor standards and forecasted business levels.
- Prepares daily assignments for all housekeeping team members.
- Checks all vacant rooms and spaces, public spaces, storage areas and rest areas each day.
- Maintains a high level of cleanliness quality based on hotel objectives.
- Manages the Lost & Found Program.
- Ensures guest satisfaction; addresses guest issues and/or any correspondence.
- Keeps control of daily financial reports; updates check books and balances profit and loss at the end of each month.
- Controls costs, as well as labor costs, improving departmental revenues.
- Orders and receives supplies, ensuring an adequate inventory level.
- Conducts and monitors Housekeeping payroll.
- Monitors labor and payroll costs.
- Ensures all hotel housekeeping standards are trained to all housekeeping team members.
- Coaches and develops team members when needed.
- Maintains a deep cleaning program.
- Conducts monthly departmental meetings.
- Establishes a strong relationship with the Engineering Department for any repairs needed.
- College Degree in Hospitality or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in Housekeeping Management capacity.
- Ability to multi-task, work in fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other team members and departments.
- Possess knowledge of opening and closing the house, inventory control, ordering supplies, payroll, scheduling and managing budgets. (add similar)
- Physical Abilities:
- Move, Lift, Carry, Push, Pull and Place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 pounds without assistance.
- Reaching overhead and below with the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping