Assistant Director of Engineering – Arlo Midtown
Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking a dynamic Assistant Director of Engineering. Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more”…
The Assistant Director of Engineering is responsible for assisting the Director of Engineering effectively leading the engineering team in the execution of all maintenance of the overall hotel. From essential upgrading, installation and necessary purchase of all HVAC systems, mechanical, electrical and related equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Always treats guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Displays honesty and integrity.
- Assists in overseeing the Engineering Department and Life Safety aspects throughout the building.
- Communicates effectively to staff using tools such as development reviews, training, departmental orientation and monthly departmental meetings.
- Motivates and develops team members.
- Creates preventive maintenance programs for consistency of the product.
- Ensures updated safe work environment.
- Participates and oversees Safety Program of Arlo Hotels.
- Is an inspirational leader able to motivate team members to be consistently engaged in serving others, always looking for that opportunity.
- Is organized and meticulous, utilizing a broad knowledge of building systems and mechanical operations to ensure operational efficiency and reliability.
- Is a team player that supports the hotel operations team and is willing to do whatever is necessary to ensure the guest expectations are met and exceeded.
- Assisting in selection, development and leadership of all Engineering team members in a building environment.
- Partner with development and construction teams to turn over hotel to operations including: participation in construction meetings, punch of space and rooms, receipt and installation of FF&E, etc.
- Management of all building systems, maintenance and repair to consistently provide all guests and team members with fully operational amenities and facilities
- Organize, schedule and oversee minor repairs across the building including needs of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and aesthetic disciplines including painting.
- Assess proactive and reactive mechanical needs, determining appropriate repair strategy and, as needed, select vendors and contractors to complete work throughout the building as assigned.
- Execute the preventative maintenance program to ensure all public areas and machinery are serviced and updated according to schedule in order to prevent major breakdowns.
- With this job, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our guests, team members, investors and communities. We are looking for someone that understands what it means to live and emulate the culture.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred. Vocational training in Electrical, HVAC or Building Systems preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years previous building maintenance leadership experience required. Prior hotel/resort maintenance experience in a full-service luxury or boutique environment required.
- Prior experience using Microsoft Programming required. Must display ability to work with general computer operations.
- Experience with Google Apps or other web-based communication programs helpful.
- Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests’ interests and needs are always primary. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly.
- Fire Safety Director
- S12 City Wide Sprinkler System
- S13 City Wide Standpipe System
- EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification (Preferable)
- P99 Low PSI Oil Burner Operator
- P98 Fuel Piping
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.