Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Area Director of Sales & Marketing. Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more” ……
The Area Director of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for driving area, local sales and marketing results through a heightened focus of the brand and leading the sales team that will continue to progress the brand’s key financial and customer metrics.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Establishing annual sales goals, preparation of budget, and marketing plan. Meet or exceed the annual sales revenue goals, including sales activity production guidelines.
- Develop expert knowledge of the hotel’s product positioning in marketplace, seasonality, pricing strategies and master the competitive advantages to the hotel’s primary/aspirational competitive sets
- Providing day-to-day leadership to sales team members to achieve assigned objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and hotel revenues
- Providing customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Managing the development of a strategic action plan for the demand generators in the market
- Continuously evaluate the hotel(s) involvement in the various sales distribution channels and develop strong working relationships to proactively position and market the hotel(s) accordingly
- Proactively report on the progress and results of the marketing plan and related strategic activities, to include key metrics as well as conversion and return on investment data to key stakeholders
- Managing the marketing budget to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives
- Developing strategic alliances/partnerships to support marketing initiatives.
- Increasing market share by creating hotel-specific promotions to be communicated using the hotel’s CRM tool (where applicable) and/ or traditional on-property marketing communication vehicles
- Working with GMs, DOSs and home office team, providing input into creation of area marketing calendar and media plan, and provide support as appropriate / required in the development of marketing support materials for area-wide initiatives
- Produces effective structures, processes and performance management systems
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports, aligns performance and incentives, manages performance issues and holds team accountable for results
- Provide leadership to help drive productivity and performance of the sales team. Timely execution of specific assignments.
- Comply with company sales reporting standards using Opera Sales & Catering, and all other company sales, reservation, distribution systems . Prepare pre-trip and post-trip reporting of any travel and tradeshow related activities.
- Guide and participate in monthly sales department and revenue and strategy meetings
- Develop, implement and execute sales strategies in a quarterly action plans to impact existing key accounts, target accounts and the development of new business opportunities within assigned market segments.
- Creating and suggesting strategies and tactics for respective markets in the annual business plan. Creative marketing projects, involving Social Media, Editorial Content, Public Relations, cultural partnerships and special events.
- Maintain positive relations and high visibility in relative business organizations such as Downtown Alliance, HSMAI, CVB, NYC & Company, Chamber of Commerce, and local hotel/motel associations.
- Partners with People Services to attract, develop and retain diverse, high-performing talent that can lead the organization today and strengthen the leadership bench for the future growth of hotels; continues to improve sales talent; works with People Services team to anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans
- At least 5-10 years of experience in sales leadership including both strategic sales and/or brand development experience
- Ability to demonstrate expert knowledge and customer contacts in the preferred corporate and/or luxury leisure markets.
- Knowledge of developing and executing sales and marketing objectives and strategies required; preferred experience with online marketing, advertising, and finance/budget planning and management
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution; Bachelor’s degree in in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel + Restaurant Management, or related major or related professional area
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate, train and retain management and sales team
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of various discipline focused computer programs, including a strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Opera
- Experience managing/marketing luxury brands
- Strong financial planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet and work effectively under time and resource constraints
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers and staff, collect accurate information and to resolve conflicts.
- 5-7 years proven working experience in digital marketing.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing PPC, display and paid social campaigns.
- Strong experience with on-page, local and technical SEO.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising marketing campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics).
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- HTML experience strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k Program(ref. 34218)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In the lifestyle hospitality industry, people make the difference. Arlo Hotels is committed to being a great place to work, providing exceptional service for our guests through our unique approach to the independent lifestyle hotel segment. Here at Arlo we ask all our team members to be themselves and embrace it!
We utilize state-of-the-art technology and time-tested management techniques to constantly improve our efficiency, and we approach each hotel in an innovative, resourceful and entrepreneurial manner.
Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…