Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking dynamic Accounting Clerk . Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more” ……
Under the guidance and supervision of the Controller and the Staff Accountant, this individual is responsible for handling guest and client inquiries, Accounts Receivable, General Cashiering, Accounts Payable and any other duties as assigned from time to time for the Arlo SoHo property.
- Internal: Front Desk, Revenue Management / Reservations, Accounting, Purchasing , Sales, and Food & Beverage
- External: Hotel guests, clients and vendors
- Always treats guests with courtesy and respect in a variety of situations.
- Displays honesty & integrity.
Guest Inquiries & A/R Billing
- Handle Guest and Client inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Timely billing of all Direct Bill Accounts
- Monthly reporting of all AR items over 60 days
- Process Direct Bill Applications
- Follow up on guest billing inquiries with management of appropriate departments
- Investigate credit card charge backs, provide supporting documentation, or provide adjustments to banking institution within allowed time frame
- Reconcile credit card transactions on a daily basis.
- Attend all mandatory meetings as required
- Assist and support the Asst. Director of Finance in Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist the Controller and Staff Accountant with other functions requiring attention.
Other Related Items
- Petty Cash vouchers
- Gift Certificate Vouchers
- Accounts Payable reports
- Checks numerical sequence control register
- Business Promotion F&B checks
- Transaction Discrepancy report
- Prepares the Journal Vouchers detailed in the attached listing.
- Prepares Annual & Quarterly Accommodations Statistics for Federal Government
- Co-ordinates all internal and external audits. Follows up any issues that are raised, ensures that proper explanations are given when required.
- Monitors and follows up Returned Checks promptly and reconciles accordingly.
- Prepares the following monthly reconciliation of the General Ledger:
General Ledger Description
- Review in detail all Departments’ revenues and costs in the monthly Profit and Loss Accounts comparing with Plan and previous months/prior year, ensuring that margins are as expected and following up any significant variances.
- The Report showing all changes made to the Payroll Master files since the previous pay period has been reviewed.
- Petty Cash vouchers have been properly prepared, authorized and signed by the payee, with reimbursements being made at month end and as required, by check.
- Accruals & Prepayments for utilities and other relevant costs have been calculated and posted at month end.
- All necessary General Ledger adjustments have been made, via Journal Vouchers approved by the Director of Finance.
- The month-end General Ledger Trial Balance and Report of Operations have been reviewed by the Director of Finance to ensure that all entries are reasonable and that journals have been raised for any corrections required.
- Any new contract or Barter Agreements have been properly approved and are being controlled in accordance with policy.
- On a monthly basis, performs spot checks where Director of Finance appears on the Internal Control Checklist to ensure job functions are being performed at required standard.
- University/ College Degree in a related discipline is an asset
- Previous experience in the Hospitality industry or another accounting role is an asset
- Knowledge of Opera (PMS), Micros (POS), Microsoft Office & Oracle Fusion is an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Benefits : Medical, Vision, Dental and 401k (ref. 37668)